Brief (PDF format): here.
Slides and other course notes will be posted here as the course progresses.
Please email me (Click link to email –Recaptcha Anti-Spam) with any questions, problems, absences or other issues – the earlier you email, the more I can help. There is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers. I am also on Twitter: @joelgethinlewis. Tweets are the best way of getting my attention quickly, email is better for longer questions or problems.
- You can download openFrameworks here: http://openframeworks.cc/download. You will need XCode, which can now be downloaded from the Mac App Store directly – you don’t need a developer account.
- http://www.openframeworks.cc/gallery/ for examples of things created with openFrameworks.
- http://www.openframeworks.cc/tutorials/ for tutorials on openFrameworks – introduction and firstSteps are particularly useful.
- Documentation for openFrameworks is available here: http://www.openframeworks.cc/documentation/.
- See: http://www.creativeapplications.net/processing/openframeworks-for-processing-coders-video-guide-by-josh-nimoy/ for a (hilarious) transition from Processing to openFrameworks.
(Optional) Reading List:
- Nature of Code by Daniel Shiffman.
- Learning Processing by Daniel Shiffman.
- Programming Interactivity (2nd edition) by Joshua Noble.
- Accelerated C++ by Andrew Koenig and Barbara E. Moo
- Learning OpenCV (2nd edition coming this year!) by Gary Bradski and Adrian Keahler
1. and 2. are good introductions to Processing and interaction in general. 3. deals with both Processing and openFrameworks. 4. is a superb introduction to C++. 5. is an advanced book dealing with all aspects of the OpenCV library.